The activity of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex has long been determined in some laboratories by coupling the production of acetyl-coenzyme A (acetyl-CoA) to the acetylation of 4-aminoazobenzene-4′-sulfonic acid by arylamine N-acetyltransferase. The assay has some advantages, but its use has been limited by the need for large amounts of arylamine N-acetyltransferase. Here we report production of recombinant chicken liver arylamine N-acetyltransferase and optimization of its use in miniaturized assays for the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex and its kinase.
- 4-Aminoazobenzene-4′-sulfonic acid
- Arylamine N-acetyltransferase
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase phosphatase
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Molecular Biology