Anatomically corrected malposition is characterized by abnormally related great vessels and atrioventricular and ventriculoarterial concordance. It is often associated with juxtaposition of the atrial appendages where the plane of the atrial septum is abnormally oriented. We describe the device closure of an atrial septal defect in a patient with such a lesion under intracardiac echocardiography guidance.
- congenital heart disease in adults
- diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- intracardiac echo
- patent foramen ovale/atrial septal defect
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging